These workshops are geared toward helping artists prepare for plein air painting season–emphasizing the use of color and knife work to describe the Alaskan landscape. We will be working with water soluble oils.
Artists can sign up for one or all the classes, but each class will build on knowledge and practice from the class the previous month. These workshops are appropriate for intermediate to professional artists and students. Students should have some experience with either painting or drawing. Each 4-hr workshop will be held on the third Saturday of the month, January through May at Pandemonium in Wasilla, Alaska. The workshops will start at 10 a.m. and end at 2:30 p.m. with a half an hour break for lunch.
January 22: Limited CMY palette hue circle and value charts
February 19: Still life block studies
March 19: Secondary palette hue circle and value charts
April 15: texture and atmosphere still life
May 21: Plein air field study
Each class is $60 and students will need to provide their own supplies.* A supply list is included below, and is also available at dickblick.com under “Color Relations”. 50% payment will be required no later than a week before the class to hold a spot. Space is limited to 10 students. For more information and to sign up e-mail email@example.com or call 373-4826.
(Required–please obtain same brand unless stated otherwise):
• PAINTING APRON
• PAPER TOWELS
• LIQUITEX PAINT KNIFE/NO17SMALL (or other brand small painting knife)
• 9X12 WHITE OR DISPOSABLE PALETTE (any brand)
• OIL PAINTING PAPER PAD/12X16 (Georgian, Fabriano Tela Oil, or similar)
• ARTISAN OIL/CAD YLW PLE HU 37ML
• ARTISAN OIL/MAGENTA 37ML
• ARTISAN OIL/THLO BLU RED SH 37ML
• ARTISAN OIL/TITNM WHT 200ML
(Recommended–please obtain brand listed)
• ARTISAN OIL/THLO GRN BL SH 37ML
• ARTISAN OIL/FRENCH ULTRA 37ML
• HOLBEIN DUO AQUA OIL/CAD RED HUE 40ML
• COBRA WATER MIXABLE MEDIUM/PAINTING PASTE 60ML
• POCHADE BOX, TABLE SKETCH BOX, TABLE EASEL OR PORTABLE EASEL